Hair Lessons - Chapter Two - The Hairbrush

Hello beauties, I know I said I was going to do a video about how to talk to your hairdresser but for some reason I've left this super late. Sorry! So today I thought I would teach you about different hair brushes and what they can be used for instead as this is stuff that's always at the back of my head and I know off by heart! You can find my First Chapter Here. If you click the photo of the brushes it will take you to a site where you can have a look at them :)

The Denman Brush.

This is one of my all time favorite brushes and definitely a brush everyone should own as it's probably the most multi-function brush there is. It's a great brush for everyday brushing , It also can be used for creating volume at the roots, curling the ends under (if you have a bob or face framing layers) and is best used on short or medium length hair, Denman brushes also have a anti-static cushion which is great because that means no fly away hairs. This was one of the first brushes I learnt to use and will probably love it forever.


Paddle Brush

This is a great brush for long hair as it doesn't get tangled. It also is amazing for blow-drying hair very straight and smoothly as it assists in lying the cuticles flat. This brush really is perfect for all hair types, Including fine hair and really thick hair. I love using these brushes on straight hair as the shine they give is incredible.



Round Brush.

These have many different names and come in all different shapes and sizes, These brushes are only used for blow drying the hair, they are fantastic at creating volume and curls as well as creating smooth sleek looks. It all just depends on how you use them and the techniques you apply. There is lots of youtube videos showing you how.These brushes are almost always vented, which means they have small vents all the way around which allows heat around the whole brush.

Tangle Teezer

Everyone loves a Tangle Teezer they are perfect for de-tangling hair and even better for damaged hair as they stop hair ripping and tugging when its wet and tangled. I personally love these brushes and now they come in so many varieties, and they have a new one called Aqua splash which I am perticually interested in! I would say you could use this brush on all hair types and on children.


Backcombing Brush.

These have only really just come into the spotlight recently but have been around for so many years. This little brush is perfect for a number of things and is also called a 'dressing out brush' as its really great for brushing out curls as its very soft and gentle. It's also great for back combing, as long as you only back comb in a downwards motion its fine(and the correct way to back comb)! The great thing about these brushes is half of the brissles are long and half of them are slightly smaller so when your back combing or dressing out your not grabbing every hair. 





So theres my list, and I'm sure you will be able to find at least one brush that you would enjoy using. I bet you never knew so much went into each brush? If you have any questions feel free to ask me I'm happy to help :)

Jamie-Lee
x

*all photos are property of the respective website which I have linked to the photos.


8 comments :

  1. This is a great post! I'm on the hunt to completely revamp my brush collection so this is great, thanks!
    I must be so slow though, I didn't know there was a particular brush for backcombing - have to get me one of those! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I can help :) I know they used to be known as 'dressing out brushes' from ladies who had a set or a perm, but now they tend to be using for brushing out curls or back combing :)

      Jamie-Lee|Glitter Infatuation Beauty Blog!

      Delete
  2. This is such a useful post! The backcombing brush looks so handy, I didn't even know you could get those! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the tangle teezer my favourite. I'm currently running a Spring giveaway if you want check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been trying to find the tangle teezer everywhere but I just can't find it!

    xoxo Bree
    The Urban Umbrella
    http://www.theurbanumbrella.com

    ReplyDelete

Wednesday, 10 April 2013

Hair Lessons - Chapter Two - The Hairbrush

Hello beauties, I know I said I was going to do a video about how to talk to your hairdresser but for some reason I've left this super late. Sorry! So today I thought I would teach you about different hair brushes and what they can be used for instead as this is stuff that's always at the back of my head and I know off by heart! You can find my First Chapter Here. If you click the photo of the brushes it will take you to a site where you can have a look at them :)

The Denman Brush.

This is one of my all time favorite brushes and definitely a brush everyone should own as it's probably the most multi-function brush there is. It's a great brush for everyday brushing , It also can be used for creating volume at the roots, curling the ends under (if you have a bob or face framing layers) and is best used on short or medium length hair, Denman brushes also have a anti-static cushion which is great because that means no fly away hairs. This was one of the first brushes I learnt to use and will probably love it forever.


Paddle Brush

This is a great brush for long hair as it doesn't get tangled. It also is amazing for blow-drying hair very straight and smoothly as it assists in lying the cuticles flat. This brush really is perfect for all hair types, Including fine hair and really thick hair. I love using these brushes on straight hair as the shine they give is incredible.



Round Brush.

These have many different names and come in all different shapes and sizes, These brushes are only used for blow drying the hair, they are fantastic at creating volume and curls as well as creating smooth sleek looks. It all just depends on how you use them and the techniques you apply. There is lots of youtube videos showing you how.These brushes are almost always vented, which means they have small vents all the way around which allows heat around the whole brush.

Tangle Teezer

Everyone loves a Tangle Teezer they are perfect for de-tangling hair and even better for damaged hair as they stop hair ripping and tugging when its wet and tangled. I personally love these brushes and now they come in so many varieties, and they have a new one called Aqua splash which I am perticually interested in! I would say you could use this brush on all hair types and on children.


Backcombing Brush.

These have only really just come into the spotlight recently but have been around for so many years. This little brush is perfect for a number of things and is also called a 'dressing out brush' as its really great for brushing out curls as its very soft and gentle. It's also great for back combing, as long as you only back comb in a downwards motion its fine(and the correct way to back comb)! The great thing about these brushes is half of the brissles are long and half of them are slightly smaller so when your back combing or dressing out your not grabbing every hair. 





So theres my list, and I'm sure you will be able to find at least one brush that you would enjoy using. I bet you never knew so much went into each brush? If you have any questions feel free to ask me I'm happy to help :)

Jamie-Lee
x

*all photos are property of the respective website which I have linked to the photos.


8 comments:

  1. This is a great post! I'm on the hunt to completely revamp my brush collection so this is great, thanks!
    I must be so slow though, I didn't know there was a particular brush for backcombing - have to get me one of those! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I can help :) I know they used to be known as 'dressing out brushes' from ladies who had a set or a perm, but now they tend to be using for brushing out curls or back combing :)

      Jamie-Lee|Glitter Infatuation Beauty Blog!

      Delete
  2. This is such a useful post! The backcombing brush looks so handy, I didn't even know you could get those! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the tangle teezer my favourite. I'm currently running a Spring giveaway if you want check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been trying to find the tangle teezer everywhere but I just can't find it!

    xoxo Bree
    The Urban Umbrella
    http://www.theurbanumbrella.com

    ReplyDelete