Make-up Revolution Lipstick






Hey beauties! Long time no see, 

I've been AWOL yet again but I'm really hoping to get back into the swing of blogging now, I don't have a reason why to be really honest with you I just got super lazy with my time but I've had a caffinated kick up the bum I needed and now I'm hoping to get regular content up at least once or twice a week.

I'm super slow to hop on this bloggers hype train but its destination love. Make-up Revolution are one of those super affordable brands that make buying make-up at the end of the month a luxury. The prices are insanely good so rightly people are going to be sceptical of quality but from every post I've read i've seen nothing bad. In fact the majority have only given praise to this new brand.  

While I was in superdrug browsing the make-up isle I spotted the stand and the beauty blogger in me was suddenly awakened and I have to say I hard a really hard time figuring out what shades of lipstick I wanted. The first I picked up was a beautiful fusica shade named 'Crime', does anyone else love it when a lipstick has a name!? adorbs. Anyway I couldn't justify walking away without a classic red either so I picked up the Matte red shade 'Dare'. 

Crime(the Fuscia) has a beautiful silky texture that a really like and an almost glossy finish, In the tube it looks almost purple but once on the lips it's actually a really wearable blue tone pink. I think this colour really suits the fair skinned girls especially with blue eyes as it draws the blue out and makes your eyes pop! 

Dare(the red) is a gorgeous orange toned classic red shade probably a little brighter then I would like in the sense I like my reds to be slightly on the vampy side. The matte in this lipstick makes it slightly harder to work with, you'll need to prep your lips with a balm or such as moisturising is essential. Other then a little bit more prep and work I can see this becoming a new favourite for me.

I have to say as well these lipsticks smell amazing and if I remember correctly it's super similar to the MAC lipsticks scent that vanilla smell we've all come to love! I can't wait to try other items from this brand! Another really really awesome thing about these lipsticks is the price, £1 a piece? I'll take them all!

Have you tried any of the Make-up Revolution lipsticks yet?
Jamie
x

4 comments :

  1. Both shades of the lipsticks are really pretty~ I especially love the pink shade!

    Liz ~ http://kongouseki-yume.blogspot.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look like such a good buy!

    Ioanna | www.hearting.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the shades, i've not had a chance to try the Makeup Revolution lipsticks yet but i cant wait to give them a go!
    Kirsty Leigh | Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg these are gorg! Haven't tried MU Rev yet, haven't even heard of them until I saw everyone tweeting about them! Must try them! :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Wednesday, 3 September 2014

Make-up Revolution Lipstick






Hey beauties! Long time no see, 

I've been AWOL yet again but I'm really hoping to get back into the swing of blogging now, I don't have a reason why to be really honest with you I just got super lazy with my time but I've had a caffinated kick up the bum I needed and now I'm hoping to get regular content up at least once or twice a week.

I'm super slow to hop on this bloggers hype train but its destination love. Make-up Revolution are one of those super affordable brands that make buying make-up at the end of the month a luxury. The prices are insanely good so rightly people are going to be sceptical of quality but from every post I've read i've seen nothing bad. In fact the majority have only given praise to this new brand.  

While I was in superdrug browsing the make-up isle I spotted the stand and the beauty blogger in me was suddenly awakened and I have to say I hard a really hard time figuring out what shades of lipstick I wanted. The first I picked up was a beautiful fusica shade named 'Crime', does anyone else love it when a lipstick has a name!? adorbs. Anyway I couldn't justify walking away without a classic red either so I picked up the Matte red shade 'Dare'. 

Crime(the Fuscia) has a beautiful silky texture that a really like and an almost glossy finish, In the tube it looks almost purple but once on the lips it's actually a really wearable blue tone pink. I think this colour really suits the fair skinned girls especially with blue eyes as it draws the blue out and makes your eyes pop! 

Dare(the red) is a gorgeous orange toned classic red shade probably a little brighter then I would like in the sense I like my reds to be slightly on the vampy side. The matte in this lipstick makes it slightly harder to work with, you'll need to prep your lips with a balm or such as moisturising is essential. Other then a little bit more prep and work I can see this becoming a new favourite for me.

I have to say as well these lipsticks smell amazing and if I remember correctly it's super similar to the MAC lipsticks scent that vanilla smell we've all come to love! I can't wait to try other items from this brand! Another really really awesome thing about these lipsticks is the price, £1 a piece? I'll take them all!

Have you tried any of the Make-up Revolution lipsticks yet?
Jamie
x

4 comments:

  1. Both shades of the lipsticks are really pretty~ I especially love the pink shade!

    Liz ~ http://kongouseki-yume.blogspot.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look like such a good buy!

    Ioanna | www.hearting.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the shades, i've not had a chance to try the Makeup Revolution lipsticks yet but i cant wait to give them a go!
    Kirsty Leigh | Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg these are gorg! Haven't tried MU Rev yet, haven't even heard of them until I saw everyone tweeting about them! Must try them! :) xx

    ReplyDelete