Paul Mitchell Color Protect Shampoo and Conditioner


Hello Beauties! 

Just a quick message before I start I'm really trying to improve my blog at the moment so I would love some feedback on the photo's and writing!

The lovely people over at Hairtrade.com sent me this amazing duo Paul Mitchell Color Protect shampoo & conditioner*. The first thing I adore about this set is how it looks, the bottles remind me of something you would see in an expensive hair salon and a handy little trick I also noticed is sometimes when bottles like this you can get confused which one is the shampoo and which one is the conditioner however while your struggling in the shower all you have to do is look at the top! The shampoo is orange and the conditioner is white! I really think that's a genius little touch. 

The shampoo - The first thing I noticed was the smell, this one smells almost like suncream which happens to make sense as it provides intense UV protection  but don't let that put you off as it is gorgeous and has beautiful floral and citrus notes. The consistency is thick and I would probably suggest lathering this in your hands before you apply to the hair as it can be a little tricky and if you have thick hair like me it's probably best to divide it down the middle so you can get a really good cleanse. After using this I washed it out and my hair was squeaky clean and ready for some moisture!

The Conditioner - I'll start with the smell on this one too, It's very similar to the shampoo but softer and more citrus. It contains sun flower oil to help with repairing sun damage which is one of the main reasons hair colour fades! The strange thing about this duo is the shampoo you feel like you need to use a fair amount but the conditioner you only need very little. A small amount of this beauty goes a long way and the second you put it on to your hair you can feel it get to work! 

Once out the shower, hair blow dryed I could really take a look at how well they worked, my hair looked amazing, recently I dyed my natural brown to a bright red and lost a ton of shine I then dyed it dark brown and found the same thing happened this duo however perked my hair up considerably and the shine was beautiful, I also noticed it was easy to brush and there were no knots which is something I'm used to battling with as my hair is all one length and although I wasn't sure about the smell my hair smelt amazing, no trace of sunscreen just gorgeous, fresh out the salon scent my fiancé even said it smell amazing! 

Have you tried anything from Paul Mitchell?
Jamie
x

3 comments :

  1. I've just dyed my hair brown from blonde this week so I'll definitely have to look into this!

    Salt and Chic // UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do do, it's a little pricer then the average but I really enjoy using it! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love anything from the Paul Mitchell range. When I want to treat my hair to something a bit more premium (as opposed to something i pick up from the supermarket 2 for 1 offers), Paul Mitchell is my go-to. Although I do love a bit of Bumble & Bumble aswell! x

    ReplyDelete

Wednesday, 15 October 2014

Paul Mitchell Color Protect Shampoo and Conditioner


Hello Beauties! 

Just a quick message before I start I'm really trying to improve my blog at the moment so I would love some feedback on the photo's and writing!

The lovely people over at Hairtrade.com sent me this amazing duo Paul Mitchell Color Protect shampoo & conditioner*. The first thing I adore about this set is how it looks, the bottles remind me of something you would see in an expensive hair salon and a handy little trick I also noticed is sometimes when bottles like this you can get confused which one is the shampoo and which one is the conditioner however while your struggling in the shower all you have to do is look at the top! The shampoo is orange and the conditioner is white! I really think that's a genius little touch. 

The shampoo - The first thing I noticed was the smell, this one smells almost like suncream which happens to make sense as it provides intense UV protection  but don't let that put you off as it is gorgeous and has beautiful floral and citrus notes. The consistency is thick and I would probably suggest lathering this in your hands before you apply to the hair as it can be a little tricky and if you have thick hair like me it's probably best to divide it down the middle so you can get a really good cleanse. After using this I washed it out and my hair was squeaky clean and ready for some moisture!

The Conditioner - I'll start with the smell on this one too, It's very similar to the shampoo but softer and more citrus. It contains sun flower oil to help with repairing sun damage which is one of the main reasons hair colour fades! The strange thing about this duo is the shampoo you feel like you need to use a fair amount but the conditioner you only need very little. A small amount of this beauty goes a long way and the second you put it on to your hair you can feel it get to work! 

Once out the shower, hair blow dryed I could really take a look at how well they worked, my hair looked amazing, recently I dyed my natural brown to a bright red and lost a ton of shine I then dyed it dark brown and found the same thing happened this duo however perked my hair up considerably and the shine was beautiful, I also noticed it was easy to brush and there were no knots which is something I'm used to battling with as my hair is all one length and although I wasn't sure about the smell my hair smelt amazing, no trace of sunscreen just gorgeous, fresh out the salon scent my fiancé even said it smell amazing! 

Have you tried anything from Paul Mitchell?
Jamie
x

3 comments:

  1. I've just dyed my hair brown from blonde this week so I'll definitely have to look into this!

    Salt and Chic // UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do do, it's a little pricer then the average but I really enjoy using it! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love anything from the Paul Mitchell range. When I want to treat my hair to something a bit more premium (as opposed to something i pick up from the supermarket 2 for 1 offers), Paul Mitchell is my go-to. Although I do love a bit of Bumble & Bumble aswell! x

    ReplyDelete