Revlon Colorstay Moisture Stain - Shanghai Sizzle



Hello beauties! 

I feel like I've not reviewed a lip product in ages but I did a few weeks ago, anywho, I picked this pretty lipgloss/stain a good few months ago now and I'm still totally undecided. 

At first I fell in love with the super sleek packaging something about the black box shape and black outline makes it really stand out, it almost doesn't look real in the best way. with it's twist off lid and doe foot applicator it's also pretty easy to use and when done up tightly there is no fear of it leaking! 

The colour that appealed to me most was this gorgeous bright red called Shanghai Sizzle which originally looked more blue toned(my lipliner must have been blue toned) but actually it's very orange but still really complimentary to my pale skin. The stain itself is thick but easy to apply, I didn't have to double dip which was nice and a few swipes were enough to cover my lips, just pay attention to the outline as I feel if you mess up here you'll probably have to start over, this stuff is like glue!

Overall I found it quite sticky, but once on the lips it feels balmy but the finish is stunning, glossy, plump and bright but sadly you will have to wear you hair up on a windy day with this one! I also found it got went everywhere I'm not sure if anyone else experienced this as I've not read any other reviews yet but it went everywhere, it didn't end up all over my face just all over everything else, my hands where covered, my fiancé was covered and any drinks I had where also covered however, I did find this didn't make a dent on the longevity maybe I applied too much? It still lasted a good 5 hours in central London and maybe a few more with a good lipliner. The stain left behind wasn't as bright as I'd hoped a fairy deeper red then the gloss but I still wear this weekly as I love the finish and how long it stays on for! 

Have you tried any colorstay moisture stains? If so what did you think?
Jamie


12 comments :

  1. There's nothing worse than being undecided on something! I think it's a gorgeous colour, but unfortunately I'm not brave enough to wear it lol. I am a fan of Revlon lip products though. My favourite for quite a while has been their Colorburst Lacquer Balm in Demure Reservee - it's such a lovely colour and a great, easy formula.
    www.lipstickandlustre.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell me about it, I love it even though its a little messy! I'll check it out when I next pop into superdrug x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this one too and while the color is gorgeous, I find it difficult to apply! It applies unevenly and, like you said, it's a bit messy. I like wonder if the other shades have the same issues!

    Sam // www.thatsfetch.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like the packaging and look of this product. The colour looks great i prefer an orangey tone. not a fan of sticky lip products however :(

    http://kimiandme.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to try these, I love Revlon lip products so I bet I'll love these too xx

    Gemma | missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colour of this, and I normally love Revlon lip products so I am sure this will be no different!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't tried any others but I'd love to know x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah it's a shame really it's super unusual x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like it too just not the downsides to it! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is the only revlon lip product I think I've tried! I'll have to try more x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great review! I love the shade you got! It's a shame it's sticky on the lips though! xx

    http://www.beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had this on today, I really like it! I do agree with tying your hair up on windy days, i've sticky hair all day!

    -Kelli

    ReplyDelete

Friday, 17 October 2014

Revlon Colorstay Moisture Stain - Shanghai Sizzle



Hello beauties! 

I feel like I've not reviewed a lip product in ages but I did a few weeks ago, anywho, I picked this pretty lipgloss/stain a good few months ago now and I'm still totally undecided. 

At first I fell in love with the super sleek packaging something about the black box shape and black outline makes it really stand out, it almost doesn't look real in the best way. with it's twist off lid and doe foot applicator it's also pretty easy to use and when done up tightly there is no fear of it leaking! 

The colour that appealed to me most was this gorgeous bright red called Shanghai Sizzle which originally looked more blue toned(my lipliner must have been blue toned) but actually it's very orange but still really complimentary to my pale skin. The stain itself is thick but easy to apply, I didn't have to double dip which was nice and a few swipes were enough to cover my lips, just pay attention to the outline as I feel if you mess up here you'll probably have to start over, this stuff is like glue!

Overall I found it quite sticky, but once on the lips it feels balmy but the finish is stunning, glossy, plump and bright but sadly you will have to wear you hair up on a windy day with this one! I also found it got went everywhere I'm not sure if anyone else experienced this as I've not read any other reviews yet but it went everywhere, it didn't end up all over my face just all over everything else, my hands where covered, my fiancé was covered and any drinks I had where also covered however, I did find this didn't make a dent on the longevity maybe I applied too much? It still lasted a good 5 hours in central London and maybe a few more with a good lipliner. The stain left behind wasn't as bright as I'd hoped a fairy deeper red then the gloss but I still wear this weekly as I love the finish and how long it stays on for! 

Have you tried any colorstay moisture stains? If so what did you think?
Jamie


12 comments:

  1. There's nothing worse than being undecided on something! I think it's a gorgeous colour, but unfortunately I'm not brave enough to wear it lol. I am a fan of Revlon lip products though. My favourite for quite a while has been their Colorburst Lacquer Balm in Demure Reservee - it's such a lovely colour and a great, easy formula.
    www.lipstickandlustre.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell me about it, I love it even though its a little messy! I'll check it out when I next pop into superdrug x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this one too and while the color is gorgeous, I find it difficult to apply! It applies unevenly and, like you said, it's a bit messy. I like wonder if the other shades have the same issues!

    Sam // www.thatsfetch.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like the packaging and look of this product. The colour looks great i prefer an orangey tone. not a fan of sticky lip products however :(

    http://kimiandme.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to try these, I love Revlon lip products so I bet I'll love these too xx

    Gemma | missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colour of this, and I normally love Revlon lip products so I am sure this will be no different!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't tried any others but I'd love to know x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah it's a shame really it's super unusual x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like it too just not the downsides to it! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is the only revlon lip product I think I've tried! I'll have to try more x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great review! I love the shade you got! It's a shame it's sticky on the lips though! xx

    http://www.beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had this on today, I really like it! I do agree with tying your hair up on windy days, i've sticky hair all day!

    -Kelli

    ReplyDelete