These are a few of my favourite things.. #1





Hello Beauties!

Today I thought I'd show my favourite items of the year so far, I'll try and get one of these posts up every month if possible. I've actually tried so many new things recently so I thought a post like this would be a great way to quickly tell you about them and a mini review of what I think!

Garnier Express 2 in 1 eye make-up remover £3.49 - Being an avid user of the Nivea eye make-up remover but this month discovering the 'new' bottle shape and the price hike up I thought it was a good idea to see what else was on the market.  The garnier version has now swiftly moved into 1st place as it removes my eye make-up(I wear a lot) swiftly without leaving greasy residue I also have no redness or irritation after use.

Essence Liquid ink high shine £2.80 - I actually mentioned this eyeliner in one of my previous posts however, I thought another mention was needed. I LOVE this eyeliner. It's not good for doing a thin line unless your extremely light handed and I don't use this for the tail of my eye-liner BUT for everything else, its so opaque, you can go over the same bit without flaking and it last a really long time without it being difficult to remove. Highly recommend this one!

Make Up Revolution Ultra Face Base Primer £5.00 - I don't remember paying £5 for this primer but that's what the website says! I actually stopped using a primer for a while but got this out on a whim a few weeks ago, it's a thick gel like consistency which tells me it's silicone based? correct me if I'm wrong! I apply a 5p sized to my face, I find it leaves my skin feeling smooth and even and it really helps to fix my make-up in place. 

La Roche-Posay effaclar duo[+] £10.50 - This has honestly changed my life, I had heard so many good things about it so after really suffering for about 3 months with my acne I was so eager to try it. I'm actually working on a weekly diary of how it's worked but for now I'd say I'm 2 and a half weeks in and my skin is about 85% better, less redness, less acne, no soreness and no new breakouts. It's just amazing, Stay tuned for the full review!

Make-up Revolution Focus & Fix brow palette light £2.50 - In hindsight I should of got the medium shade but I am in love with this little brow palette, you get 3 colours plus a brow gel a mini tweezer and the most amazing eyebrow brush, it's so perfectly angled I wish you could by bigger ones as I am forever loosing it as it's tiny. I really love the darkest shade in light as it matches my brows and once applied it doesn't budge! 

L'oreal Infallible 24H foundation ivory £9.99 - I was previously using the old style of this one and I adored it so I was a little apprehensive to try the 'newer' version but I still adore it! The colour is perfect for my pale skin as it's actually pretty neutral not to yellow and not too pink. The coverage is full and pretty build-able so I would highly advise starting with a little and adding more, I like to use my RT blending sponge to create a flawless base! I will 100% be writing up a full review on this one too!

So that's it, I'd love to know what your favourite the past month have been!
Jamie
x


10 comments :

  1. Great picks, MUR somehow manages to make it's place in everyones favourites list! :)
    Will be looking out for a complete review on "La Roche-Posay effaclar duo"!

    Momina Haseeb | ๑ Divine Smudge ๑

    ReplyDelete
  2. The brow palette sounds really amazing, what a bargain too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that L'Oreal foundation, it really gives such a good coverage. I've heard great things about the La roche posay effaclar duo, it sounds like it's working brilliantly for you so I might have to take a look and see how it is with scarring and uneven tone too.

    Jenn

    Photo-Jenn-ic

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love La Roche Posay, all of their products have wowed me. They've made the cut on my favourites too!

    STONE FOX

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sure does the quality for price is pretty amazing! It should be up soonish, thanks Momina x

    ReplyDelete
  6. It really is! They are brill! Thanks Jennie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's amazing! I would highly recommend it thanks Jenn x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to try more now I am so impressed :) Thanks Zoe x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am blown away by that foundation by L'oreal! It's my fave :) x

    Sarah | More Than Adored

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the Effaclar Duo+ too - I use it all the time and am on my second tube now xx

    Ramblings of a Beauty Bird | Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thursday, 5 March 2015

These are a few of my favourite things.. #1





Hello Beauties!

Today I thought I'd show my favourite items of the year so far, I'll try and get one of these posts up every month if possible. I've actually tried so many new things recently so I thought a post like this would be a great way to quickly tell you about them and a mini review of what I think!

Garnier Express 2 in 1 eye make-up remover £3.49 - Being an avid user of the Nivea eye make-up remover but this month discovering the 'new' bottle shape and the price hike up I thought it was a good idea to see what else was on the market.  The garnier version has now swiftly moved into 1st place as it removes my eye make-up(I wear a lot) swiftly without leaving greasy residue I also have no redness or irritation after use.

Essence Liquid ink high shine £2.80 - I actually mentioned this eyeliner in one of my previous posts however, I thought another mention was needed. I LOVE this eyeliner. It's not good for doing a thin line unless your extremely light handed and I don't use this for the tail of my eye-liner BUT for everything else, its so opaque, you can go over the same bit without flaking and it last a really long time without it being difficult to remove. Highly recommend this one!

Make Up Revolution Ultra Face Base Primer £5.00 - I don't remember paying £5 for this primer but that's what the website says! I actually stopped using a primer for a while but got this out on a whim a few weeks ago, it's a thick gel like consistency which tells me it's silicone based? correct me if I'm wrong! I apply a 5p sized to my face, I find it leaves my skin feeling smooth and even and it really helps to fix my make-up in place. 

La Roche-Posay effaclar duo[+] £10.50 - This has honestly changed my life, I had heard so many good things about it so after really suffering for about 3 months with my acne I was so eager to try it. I'm actually working on a weekly diary of how it's worked but for now I'd say I'm 2 and a half weeks in and my skin is about 85% better, less redness, less acne, no soreness and no new breakouts. It's just amazing, Stay tuned for the full review!

Make-up Revolution Focus & Fix brow palette light £2.50 - In hindsight I should of got the medium shade but I am in love with this little brow palette, you get 3 colours plus a brow gel a mini tweezer and the most amazing eyebrow brush, it's so perfectly angled I wish you could by bigger ones as I am forever loosing it as it's tiny. I really love the darkest shade in light as it matches my brows and once applied it doesn't budge! 

L'oreal Infallible 24H foundation ivory £9.99 - I was previously using the old style of this one and I adored it so I was a little apprehensive to try the 'newer' version but I still adore it! The colour is perfect for my pale skin as it's actually pretty neutral not to yellow and not too pink. The coverage is full and pretty build-able so I would highly advise starting with a little and adding more, I like to use my RT blending sponge to create a flawless base! I will 100% be writing up a full review on this one too!

So that's it, I'd love to know what your favourite the past month have been!
Jamie
x


10 comments:

  1. Great picks, MUR somehow manages to make it's place in everyones favourites list! :)
    Will be looking out for a complete review on "La Roche-Posay effaclar duo"!

    Momina Haseeb | ๑ Divine Smudge ๑

    ReplyDelete
  2. The brow palette sounds really amazing, what a bargain too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that L'Oreal foundation, it really gives such a good coverage. I've heard great things about the La roche posay effaclar duo, it sounds like it's working brilliantly for you so I might have to take a look and see how it is with scarring and uneven tone too.

    Jenn

    Photo-Jenn-ic

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love La Roche Posay, all of their products have wowed me. They've made the cut on my favourites too!

    STONE FOX

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sure does the quality for price is pretty amazing! It should be up soonish, thanks Momina x

    ReplyDelete
  6. It really is! They are brill! Thanks Jennie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's amazing! I would highly recommend it thanks Jenn x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to try more now I am so impressed :) Thanks Zoe x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am blown away by that foundation by L'oreal! It's my fave :) x

    Sarah | More Than Adored

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the Effaclar Duo+ too - I use it all the time and am on my second tube now xx

    Ramblings of a Beauty Bird | Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete