Urban Decay De-Slick Review


 Happy Weekend Beauties! 

As you know I've become a little bit obsessed with Urban Decay, After recently purchasing the On the Run palettte(Read the review here) I wanted to try more particularly the base products but as I haven't got a counter near me I've got no idea what shade I'll be so I settled on this De-Slick face powder, I actually managed to pick this up for only £13ish on the Feel Unique website it's gone back up to £19.50 now but keep an eye out as I've seen it on offer more then once!  

Can we just talk about the packaging? As much as sleek matte make-up packing is all the rage with other brands I love the way Urban Decay push the boat out and it really just stand out against other companies. This compact is probably one of the prettiest I've ever seen it's fairly bulky but not to the point where it won't fit in my make-up bag but strong enough that I'm not afraid it'll break and the insides won't shatter and go everywhere(Soap & Glory I'm looking at you.) I also love the purple design on the front it's eye catching and the mirror on the inside is super big but really clear too! 

Okay on to the powder itself, I really did buy this on a whim, my current powder that I wasn't really loving exploded and it was becoming to much of a pain to hoover off my floor every morning, so I went on a online shopping trip and just thought 'I'm going to wing it' I mean, I've loved everything I've got from Urban Decay so far so I did have high hopes going into this. It's not disappointed me, With the hot weather that's graced the UK recently I've noticed my skins so much more oilier and make-ups started sliding. So the first thing I noticed is how fine this powder is it's so fine in fact I think it would be impossible for it to become cakey. It's also translucent which makes it perfect for all skin tones, I've also noticed it sets my make-up so so well although I'd go really lightly under eyes as it does settle a little in the creases it's also 100% mattifying so you'll need to add some 'glow' so you don't look flat. Other then that I've got no flaws with this product it absorbs excess oils and keeps your make-up in place! 

Overall I am in love with this face powder! If you have any other Urban Decay recommendations I would absolutely love to hear them! 
Jamie
x
Follow


No comments :

Post a Comment

Saturday, 25 July 2015

Urban Decay De-Slick Review


 Happy Weekend Beauties! 

As you know I've become a little bit obsessed with Urban Decay, After recently purchasing the On the Run palettte(Read the review here) I wanted to try more particularly the base products but as I haven't got a counter near me I've got no idea what shade I'll be so I settled on this De-Slick face powder, I actually managed to pick this up for only £13ish on the Feel Unique website it's gone back up to £19.50 now but keep an eye out as I've seen it on offer more then once!  

Can we just talk about the packaging? As much as sleek matte make-up packing is all the rage with other brands I love the way Urban Decay push the boat out and it really just stand out against other companies. This compact is probably one of the prettiest I've ever seen it's fairly bulky but not to the point where it won't fit in my make-up bag but strong enough that I'm not afraid it'll break and the insides won't shatter and go everywhere(Soap & Glory I'm looking at you.) I also love the purple design on the front it's eye catching and the mirror on the inside is super big but really clear too! 

Okay on to the powder itself, I really did buy this on a whim, my current powder that I wasn't really loving exploded and it was becoming to much of a pain to hoover off my floor every morning, so I went on a online shopping trip and just thought 'I'm going to wing it' I mean, I've loved everything I've got from Urban Decay so far so I did have high hopes going into this. It's not disappointed me, With the hot weather that's graced the UK recently I've noticed my skins so much more oilier and make-ups started sliding. So the first thing I noticed is how fine this powder is it's so fine in fact I think it would be impossible for it to become cakey. It's also translucent which makes it perfect for all skin tones, I've also noticed it sets my make-up so so well although I'd go really lightly under eyes as it does settle a little in the creases it's also 100% mattifying so you'll need to add some 'glow' so you don't look flat. Other then that I've got no flaws with this product it absorbs excess oils and keeps your make-up in place! 

Overall I am in love with this face powder! If you have any other Urban Decay recommendations I would absolutely love to hear them! 
Jamie
x
Follow


No comments:

Post a Comment