Nivea Post Shave Balm As A Primer Review


 Hello Beauties!

Seems a little bit random that here on my prominently beauty related blog that I'd be talking about a male grooming product but stick with me here guys, It's all for good reason.

After hearing NikkiTutorials on Youtube talking about using Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm as a make-up primer I had to try it out, luckily my fiancée was stashing on that came in a Christmas present last year! I also really struggle with keeping any make-up on my face so I thought 'why not!' I'll put my trust in Nikki and go for it. 

The balm itself has a fairly mainly smell but also lemony so don't be put off by that, it completely disappears once you put your foundation over the top. The texture is unlike any 'primer' I've ever used as the consistency is runny, unlike the silicone filled primers I used to use. It also has a slightly sticky feeling when put on the skin. I think you just have to bare in mind this isn't like a primer because well, its not one! Thanks to the high amount of Glycerine in this balm your foundation/base will stick to it like a dream!

I honestly can't believe how well this stuff works, after the first day of trying it I was like 'yep, I'll never use anything else.' I had no wear, no caking and minimal shine. You'd never think something so simple would work so well and to make it even better its only £2.63 in superdrug at the moment! 

Have you tried this wonderfully wacky primer yet? If so what did you think of it?
Jamie
x
Follow  


No comments :

Post a Comment

Sunday, 18 October 2015

Nivea Post Shave Balm As A Primer Review


 Hello Beauties!

Seems a little bit random that here on my prominently beauty related blog that I'd be talking about a male grooming product but stick with me here guys, It's all for good reason.

After hearing NikkiTutorials on Youtube talking about using Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm as a make-up primer I had to try it out, luckily my fiancée was stashing on that came in a Christmas present last year! I also really struggle with keeping any make-up on my face so I thought 'why not!' I'll put my trust in Nikki and go for it. 

The balm itself has a fairly mainly smell but also lemony so don't be put off by that, it completely disappears once you put your foundation over the top. The texture is unlike any 'primer' I've ever used as the consistency is runny, unlike the silicone filled primers I used to use. It also has a slightly sticky feeling when put on the skin. I think you just have to bare in mind this isn't like a primer because well, its not one! Thanks to the high amount of Glycerine in this balm your foundation/base will stick to it like a dream!

I honestly can't believe how well this stuff works, after the first day of trying it I was like 'yep, I'll never use anything else.' I had no wear, no caking and minimal shine. You'd never think something so simple would work so well and to make it even better its only £2.63 in superdrug at the moment! 

Have you tried this wonderfully wacky primer yet? If so what did you think of it?
Jamie
x
Follow  


No comments:

Post a Comment