5 Things no-one tells you about piercings



Hello Beauties!

I thought this might be a fun one, having 8 piercings on my head/ears/nose I'm pretty experienced and feel I can give you this talk hopefully, funny if you've got them, eye opening if your thinking about getting one or if you're not interested it'll be handy to know.


1. Piercings hurt - Okay, this one is a straight up given. The initial pain is something you expect, I mean, the professionals are sticking a big old needle through a part of your body. It's always going to hurt. People are always going to look at you through squinted eyes asking 'Did it hurt?' hell yes it did. However, your not always told about the pain afterwards, all piercings 'ache' or feel a little tender for the first few hours/days. 

But, try catching your new piercings on a piece of clothing, a make-up wipe, anything really. Avoid being hugged. Avoid public spaces. Just avoid being touched. Knocking your pretty new piercing will make your eyes water quicker then watching the new John Lewis Christmas advert. 

2. Aftercare isn't a joke - The professionals will tell you 'make sure you do your aftercare twice a day for as long as possible.' If you're going do me a solid, please promise me you'll do this, I've seen some people who've been to lazy to wash a scaffold piercing regularly and it's resulted in big pus filled boils that leak the most heinous smelling fluid. 

Do you and everyone else a favour and keep up your aftercare.


3. People will try and touch your piercing - This one irritates me, I can't tell you how many times people have said 'I want a piercing just like that..' then have gone to actually touch me with their bare-dirty-i-have-no-idea-where-they-have-been hands. If you are someone with piercings you'll know exactly what I mean and if not, I might have just taught you a valuable life lesson.

4. Your nan probably won't like it - I've used nans as an example here, my nan actually likes mine. However, they aren't going to be everyone's cup of tea. I've had a random mother look at me, look at her daughter, sigh and then say.. 'please don't ever get a piercing like that.' A little insensitive yes, but did I then look at my ears in a mirror afterwards and think 'hell yes, that looks awesome.'? Of course I did. People have a lot to say but what really truly and only matters is that you love what you've got.

5. Piercings are addictive - So addictive in fact I got 4 in one day once, granted the healing has been awful but nothing beats walking into the tattoo shop, smelling the disinfectant, waiting in the line to get your piercing and then pain, loads of pain but you walk out of there smiling and totally in love with your pretty new metal. I honestly have no idea when I'll stop getting them and would actually like a total of 11 in my left ear, I currently have 3 so I'm 8 away but each new one gets me a little bit closer and it makes me so excited, I actually look forward to the pain.

Anyway, there it is, a light hearted post all about piercings! If you have any questions, any at all feel free to drop me a message in the comment box as I'd love to put together a post with them all in!

Jamie
x








1 comment :

  1. Haha! I love this, but it's so true! Piercings can ache for a heck of a long time. Waking up realising you have slept on it... what a nightmare!

    Kara x

    ReplyDelete

Thursday, 8 December 2016

5 Things no-one tells you about piercings



Hello Beauties!

I thought this might be a fun one, having 8 piercings on my head/ears/nose I'm pretty experienced and feel I can give you this talk hopefully, funny if you've got them, eye opening if your thinking about getting one or if you're not interested it'll be handy to know.


1. Piercings hurt - Okay, this one is a straight up given. The initial pain is something you expect, I mean, the professionals are sticking a big old needle through a part of your body. It's always going to hurt. People are always going to look at you through squinted eyes asking 'Did it hurt?' hell yes it did. However, your not always told about the pain afterwards, all piercings 'ache' or feel a little tender for the first few hours/days. 

But, try catching your new piercings on a piece of clothing, a make-up wipe, anything really. Avoid being hugged. Avoid public spaces. Just avoid being touched. Knocking your pretty new piercing will make your eyes water quicker then watching the new John Lewis Christmas advert. 

2. Aftercare isn't a joke - The professionals will tell you 'make sure you do your aftercare twice a day for as long as possible.' If you're going do me a solid, please promise me you'll do this, I've seen some people who've been to lazy to wash a scaffold piercing regularly and it's resulted in big pus filled boils that leak the most heinous smelling fluid. 

Do you and everyone else a favour and keep up your aftercare.


3. People will try and touch your piercing - This one irritates me, I can't tell you how many times people have said 'I want a piercing just like that..' then have gone to actually touch me with their bare-dirty-i-have-no-idea-where-they-have-been hands. If you are someone with piercings you'll know exactly what I mean and if not, I might have just taught you a valuable life lesson.

4. Your nan probably won't like it - I've used nans as an example here, my nan actually likes mine. However, they aren't going to be everyone's cup of tea. I've had a random mother look at me, look at her daughter, sigh and then say.. 'please don't ever get a piercing like that.' A little insensitive yes, but did I then look at my ears in a mirror afterwards and think 'hell yes, that looks awesome.'? Of course I did. People have a lot to say but what really truly and only matters is that you love what you've got.

5. Piercings are addictive - So addictive in fact I got 4 in one day once, granted the healing has been awful but nothing beats walking into the tattoo shop, smelling the disinfectant, waiting in the line to get your piercing and then pain, loads of pain but you walk out of there smiling and totally in love with your pretty new metal. I honestly have no idea when I'll stop getting them and would actually like a total of 11 in my left ear, I currently have 3 so I'm 8 away but each new one gets me a little bit closer and it makes me so excited, I actually look forward to the pain.

Anyway, there it is, a light hearted post all about piercings! If you have any questions, any at all feel free to drop me a message in the comment box as I'd love to put together a post with them all in!

Jamie
x








1 comment:

  1. Haha! I love this, but it's so true! Piercings can ache for a heck of a long time. Waking up realising you have slept on it... what a nightmare!

    Kara x

    ReplyDelete